Remote Meetings: Zoom & Google Meet
CARF Standard(s) 1.J.8
Also listed in CARF Technology Plan
Last Review: 8/1/2020
At Consulting Connection Services, we will sometimes conduct services via telehealth when requested by the client or when the environment does not permit employees to safely conduct in-person services. Our agency has identified two programs that we use regularly, Zoom (in which we have a corporate account) and Google Meets. We will assist you in getting your computer or device setup should you have any challenges in doing so. Below, you will find some information listed on how to access both Zoom and Google Meets.
- Go to http://zoom.us and click on Sign In.
- You can use the "e-mail" and "password" that you have created, or use your Google (Gmail or Google App) or Facebook account to sign in with.
- Note: If you do not have a current Zoom account, please click on Sign Up Free to create a new one.
Hosting a Meeting
If you do NOT have the Zoom app installed, go to zoom.us and select "Host a Meeting" to start the installation. If you DO have the App installed, see below -
- Open your Zoom app on your desktop and click Sign In.
- Log in using the E-mail and password that you have created, or with Google(Gmail), Facebook, or Login with SSO.
- Click the downward arrow and select Start with video, then click New Meeting to start an instant meeting.
HOW TO USE GOOGLE MEET, FREE
To sign up for the free version of Google Meet, go to the Google Meet page. Enter your name, email, country and primary use for Google Meet (personal, business, education or government). Agree to Google's terms of service, and hit Submit.
- Once you sign up, here's how to use the free version of Google Meet:
- Go to meet.google.com (or, open the app on iOS or Android, or start a meeting from Google Calendar).
- Click Start new meeting, or enter your meeting code.
- Choose the Google account you want to use.
- Click Join meeting. You'll have the ability to add others to your meeting, too.
- And that's it! Happy video chatting.